Phoenix received her initial bodywork training in 2009 at the Center for Massage and Natural Health in Asheville, N.C.
Since then she has been continuously adding to her toolbox through certification courses in Neuromuscular Therapy, including: Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release Therapy, Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF), Positional Release, Visceral Massage, Reflexology and other Deep Tissue Techniques. She is an ACE Medicupping Therapy certified practitioner.
Her clientele consists of people dealing with pain and/or discomfort, acute and chronic.
Phoenix’s specialty is creating and facilitating integrated Therapeutic Massage, Bodywork/Manual Therapy Sessions and Care Plans that address the specific needs of each client.
This assists her clients in living a more relaxed, comfortable, active, and fuller life.
She also offers private infant massage instruction, and can be contacted directly to work on/with your animals and pets.
Program of Study and C.E.U. credentials:
- Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology and the Musculoskeletal System (168 Hours)
- Neuromuscular Therapy and Integrative Neuromuscular Massage (53 Hours)
- Myo-Fascial Release and Trigger Point Release Therapy (25 Hours)
- Somatic Psychology (20 Hours)
- Sports Massage (24 Hours)
- Thai Massage (16 Hours)
- Shiatsu and Oriental Medical Theory (28 Hours)
- Reflexology (16 Hours)
- Aroma Therapy (56 Hours)
- Herbology (60 Hours)
- Hydrotherapy (16 Hours)
- Pregnancy, Infant and Geriatric Massage (36 Hours)
- CranioSacral Therapy (8 Hours)
- Diet and Nutrition (20 Hours)
- Energy Work, Theory and Practice and Huna, Hawaiian Energy Work (20 Hours)
- Professional Ethics, Roles and Boundaries (17 Hours)
- ACE Medi-Cupping
Continuing Education Studies:
- The International Fascia Congress: Following the new and latest research findings on fascia
- Travell and Simons: Myo-Fascial Pain and Dysfunction Texts
- Tom Myers: Anatomy Trains, Body Reading 101, and Fascial Release for Structural Balance
- St. John Neuromuscular Therapy: Charts
- Jean-Pierre Barral: Understanding the Messages of Your Body, and Visceral Manipulation
- Ralph Stephens: Medical Massage
- Sean Riehl: Advanced Myo-Fascial Release
- Doug Alexander: Nerve Mobilization
- Tom Ockler: Muscle Energy Technique
- Diana Haynes: Positional Release
- Patrice Morency: Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- Sue Hitzmann: The Melt Method
- Integrative Neuromuscular Massage including Myo-Fascial Release and Trigger Point Release Therapy
- ABMP (Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals) Bodywork Therapist
- Nurturing the Mother